Last Updated: by
Below you will find my reviews and recommended ATV broadcast and seed spreaders. The chart lists out each model by brand and features to help you make the most informed buying decision.
- Multipurpose spreader distributes ice melt and bagged #1 rock salt for winter use and fertilizer,...
- Durable, rust-proof black poly hopper has a capacity of 15 gallons and includes a lid to protect...
- Dry free-flowing material is gravity fed through an adjustable shut-off gate to control the amount...
- Spread width up to 30 feet with a 7-7/8 Inch poly spinner and 12 Volt sealed motor
- Easily spread seed and fertilizer with Field Tuff’s 12-Volt ATV Hitch-Mount Spreader; the...
- Heavy-duty and durable, this spreader has a maximum capacity of 80 lbs. and hold up to 8 gallons of...
- The 12’ broadcast width ensures that you will get the job done efficiently! Conveniently, the...
- The spreader easily mounts to an ATV, UTV, or utility tractor’s 1 ¼” or 2” receiver; the...
- Durable, rust-proof poly hopper has 15 gallon capacity.
- Multipurpose spreader distributes salt, fertilizer, seed, feed, and other free flowing materials.
- Adjustable shut off gate allows you to regulate the amount dispersed.
- Durable, rustproof poly hopper has 100 lb capacity.
- Ideal for farming, hunting, landscaping, or grounds maintenance.
- 12V motor is mounted inside the hopper to stay protected while in use.
- Distributes free flowing materials such as seed, feed, and fertilizer.
- 130 pound hopper capacity saves time refilling on larger acreage lawns"
- Durable rod linked on-off control with precise settings". Maneuverable
- Enclosed gear box with tapered gears for even spreading and long life"
- Large diameter tires with wide wheelbase for stability on rougher terrain"
Different Terms for the Same Piece of Yard Care Equipment
When you reference an ATV spreader then, you may be specifically referring to a tow spreader, a fertilizer spreader or even a broadcast spreader. An ATV drop spreader is yet another kind of spreader and is different than a broadcast spreader in its distribution of materials.
The drop spreader, as the name suggests, drops the substance between the spreader’s wheels while a broadcast spreader distributes weed killer, fertilizer or seeds over a large expense, from both the front and sides of the equipment in the form of an arc.
An ATV broadcast spreader covers a larger area in a quicker amount of time while an ATV drop spreader features a precision application that is slower in output and speed. I consider the broadcast version to be the best ATV spreader for most people due to how fast it can put down an application.
As a result, a drop ATV spreader allows the operator to have more control over the area of the yard or garden where he/she wishes to apply the application.
For example, using the drop spreader will help you avoid mistakenly planting grass in an adjacent flowerbed.
Because the drop spreader limits distribution, make sure you overlap the wheel marks in the grass when you are using the equipment.
Always add lawn care materials to a spreader when it is sitting on concrete versus a grassy area to prevent spillage of too much of the product on a single area.
Otherwise, you can damage the grass.
The ATV Spreaders Pull Behind Design
An ATV spreader or pull behind spreader is designed to cover a large area of ground as it is constructed to be pulled by either a tractor or an all-terrain vehicle (ATV). The equipment is a size larger than push unit styles.
Therefore, the ATV type spreader is an ideal broadcasting choice for covering such areas as meadows, athletic fields, and sizable lawns. Before specific product reviews can be made with respect to brand spreaders though, it is helpful to focus on the key amenities of the ATV seed spreader equipment. If you are planning to invest money in a pull-behind spreader, look for such attributes as:
- Resilience – make sure the cart’s frame is durable enough to handle the spreader weight without signs of buckling.
- Ease of Operation – The seeder should be made so that seeds can easily flow
- Hopper Durability – The hopper should be made with a resin or plastic that can withstand the weight of the application that it holds.
- Easy Hook-up – The spreader should be designed so it can be easily hooked up to an ATV or tractor.
- Ease of Maneuverability – The spreader should be built for easy maneuverability. In other words, you should be able to pull the conveyance without any difficulty.
- Wide Tires with Lawn-F
riendlyTreads – The tires should be wide enough to hold the product without leaving deep tire impressions on the ground’s surface.
By keeping those basic amenities in mind, you can better decide on what type of spreader to eventually buy.
3 of The Best ATV Spreaders
Earthway Products Ev-N-Spred Tow-Behind Broadcast ATV Speader
This pull behind spreader is a good choice for anyone who needs a spreader for a large residential yard. The Ev-N-Spred three-hole drop system of this spreader ensures an equal distribution of granular material or fertilizer.
This ATV all purpose broadcast spreader features a spreading width of up to 12 feet, comes with two 13-inch pneumatic tires and load capacity of 100 pounds.
The approximately 25-pound ATV spreader is sturdy, given its anti-corrosive steel frame. The hopper screen on the device efficiently breaks down clumps of fertilizer material while the flow control handle is calibrated to permit varying spread widths up to the already mentioned 12 feet.
If you need a high-quality type spreader but do not require the additional “bells and whistles”, then his spreader is made for you. Expect to pay around $200 for this high-quality brand spreader.
I consider this the to be the best ATV spreader available.
Agri-fab 45-0463 SmartSPREADER
Another top selection, the Agri-fab brand model 45-0463 SmartSPREADER is one of Agri-fab’s Smart series designs.
The spreader can hold as much as 130 pounds of grass seed, fertilizers or herbicides. The user-friendly knob provides a precision flow rate while the spring on/off lever enables better operator control.
The spreader’s extra large capacity cuts down on refill time.
Brinly AS-40BH Tow Behind Combination Aerator Spreader
A third top selection, the AS-40BH Tow Behind Aerator and Spreader by Brinly makes it possible for gardeners and landscapers to easily spread grass seed or fertilizer and aerate the soil at the same time.
The heavy duty steel hopper on the device can hold as much as 20 pounds of granular material. Because of the spreader’s sizable capacity, the tow behind requires fewer refills. The galvanized tine stars on the spreader not only inhibit rust but can penetrate compacted soil up to two inches.
Questions to Consider
When making a purchase decision for a spreader, you will also need to ask the following questions before making a final purchase.
- What part of the yard will the spreader be used?
- Does it have an adjustable spread setting?
- Do I need a universal mounting system?
- Is the spreader designed to be rust-resistant?
- What materials will be broadcast?
- Will it inhibit the use of my rear rack?
- Do I need a commercial pro ATV spreader?
- Will the mounting brackets fit my ATV?
- What do other customers have to say?
Are You Ready to Decide?
Making an informed decision means doing a bit of due diligence online. Answer the above questions to help you decide on a spreader as well. Read the customer testimonials on the Amazon. Make sure you buy a spreader that specifically meets your landscaping and gardening needs.